Dates - Available
My 1-2-1 landscape, astro-landscape, macro and close-up photography workshops are based in my home county of Dorset, England.
You will recive at least 10 hours tuition in the field.
We will speak beforehand to determine exactly what you would like to learn during the workshop. This will enable me to build a bespoke itinerary to make the most of the day. I'm happy to cover any topics you like within the fields of landscape and close-up nature photography. These can include for example:
- Hyperfocal focussing and focus-stacking for front to back sharpness in landscape images
- Controlling exposure in high contrast landscape scenes with the use of exposure-bracketing and exposure-blending
- How to spot compositions within the landscape
- Wide-field astro-landscape photography techniques (including the use of a sky tracker)
- Focus stacking for macro (including the use of in-camera functions and additional equipment such as focussing rails)
- Lighting techniques for close-up nature photography
If you would simply like me to take you on a tour of some of my favourite Dorset locations to maximise the number of good images you can capture on the day that is also an option.
From October to March the workshop can run from dawn to dusk. Through spring and summer it's best to split the session over two days (4pm-9pm and 4am-9am) to make good use of the best light, so at this time of the year you would need to arrange overnight accommodation in Dorchester.
A degree of flexibility helps with these workshops, as weather conditions play an important role when it comes to how productive they can be. In the event of unfavourable conditions I will always attempt to reschedule the workshop for another day.
If you would like to share the cost of a 1-2-1 workshop with friends I charge an extra £100/extra person (max three participants).
Workshops tailored to your ability
At least 10 hours field tuition, transport during the workshop
Accommodation, Meals & Drinks, Insurance, Transport to and from Dorchester